- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- Brown chicken on all sides in a skillet coated with cooking spray. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with onion. Combine chili sauce, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews forEasy Oven-Barbecued Chicken
"This is great for when you only want to use a few ingredients."
"I believe the high sodium content comes from either the can tomatoes or the chili sauce. Worcester sauce has only 200-250mg of sodium. I would suggest you get fresh tomatoes and make your own chili or barbecue sauce. "Joy of Cooking"(1975 and later) has an excellent barbecue sauce that I have adjusted for my low sodium diet."
"Definitely will do again, only had 6 oz. chili sauce, so I added my own bbq sauce to replace the rest. turned out wonderful"
"I goggled Worcester sauce to see if there was a somewhat common ingredient that could be substituted for the Worcester sauce. Options include the use of an equal amount of A-1 sauce, an equal amount of soy sauce or for 1 Tablespoon of Worcester sauce, dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in 6-7 drops of hot tabasco sauce. This whole meal looks good."
"The sodium level is very high mainly because of the worcestershire sauce.Any recommended substitutions?"