Easy Oat Bran Muffins
When I want to make muffins in a hurry, this is the recipe I use. The oat bran cereal makes these easy to prepare, and the sweet dark molasses adds a rich flavor.
- 2 cups uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cereal, brown sugar and baking powder. Combine egg, milk, molasses and oil; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
1 each: 184 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 14, 2011
Wheres the flour!? lol I added a cup of it to help compensate for all the liquid or else they where just too gooey.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC