Easy New England Clam Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kerrygold Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 205 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1139mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 9, 2019
Added one can of whole kernel corn. It was very good. Will definitely make again.
Nov 1, 2014
This easy but flavorful version of New England clam chowder tastes like made-from-scratch. My husband requested I make it frequently. Keep the clams tender by adding them at the end of the cooking time. If they cook too long, they get tough.
Oct 8, 2014
I have to disagree with the one star reviews. This recipe looks good. No, I haven't made it. But I have used condensed soups as the base for many wonderful soups. This recipe is called "Easy" for a reason! The sherry and butter will easily dress up a plain can of soup and make it taste special.
Jan 2, 2014
May as well heat a can of chowder
Dec 15, 2013
Sorry this isn't really a recipe. It is opening store bought soup.