- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forEasy New England Clam Chowder
"This easy but flavorful version of New England clam chowder tastes like made-from-scratch. My husband requested I make it frequently. Keep the clams tender by adding them at the end of the cooking time. If they cook too long, they get tough."
"May as well heat a can of chowder"
"Sorry this isn't really a recipe. It is opening store bought soup."