This rich and cheesy casserole freezes so well that no one would ever guess it had been on ice! It’ll appeal to all ages. Margaret McNeil - Germantown, Tennessee
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli. Add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Freeze option:Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Originally published as Mostaccioli Casserole in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p13
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Mostaccioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review