Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine milk, water, extract and food coloring. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour into a foil-lined 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Lift out of the pan and remove foil; slice.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 469 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 16, 2013
This a great recipe and so easy. I cut back on the chocolate chips as 6 oz was too sweet for me.
Nov 18, 2010
I made this recipe about 10 years ago when it first came out in magazine, then I lost it and it was a family favorite, so glad I found it again!!! Great recipe.
Aug 20, 2009
This is a really great ice cream. I have been experimenting with various recipies and this one won "one of the best things you've made" from my office mates. It truly is a "keeper".Lea
Dec 31, 2008
It is so nice to be able to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I often use crushed oreos instead of the miniature chocolate chips, because they tend to get "waxy" frozen.