Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine milk, water, extract and food coloring. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour into a foil-lined 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Lift out of the pan and remove foil; slice.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 469 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2013
This a great recipe and so easy. I cut back on the chocolate chips as 6 oz was too sweet for me.
Nov 18, 2010
I made this recipe about 10 years ago when it first came out in magazine, then I lost it and it was a family favorite, so glad I found it again!!! Great recipe.
Aug 20, 2009
This is a really great ice cream. I have been experimenting with various recipies and this one won "one of the best things you've made" from my office mates. It truly is a "keeper".Lea
Dec 31, 2008
It is so nice to be able to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I often use crushed oreos instead of the miniature chocolate chips, because they tend to get "waxy" frozen.