- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in macaroni and heat through. Serve with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forEasy Minestrone
"not much flavor for being in a slow cooker all day."
"I don't care for cabbage so I substituted spinach. This just didn't have that much flavor."
"So easy! I choped all the vegetables the night before and put them in the crock pot with the beans and stored it in the fridge overnight, then added the broth and seasoning in the morning. I didn't even have to get up any earlier to get the crock pot started before work!"
"It is very good, I did add some fresh parsley and I used tomatoes that I had canned over the summer. It was very flavorful. I like it because it is low fat and filling."
"This was great! I recommend letting people put in the amount of pasta they want though"
"Don't know why it only put one star--I say 5 stars???"
"Since its just 2 in our family now, I made this soup the first time without the macaroni--delicious (brought what I thought was two nights dinner to mom and she ate it all at once)The second night I added 1/2 cup macaroni and sliced up chicken sausage. It made it a completely different meal and was delicious. So this is a keeper!"
"Absolutely delicious! My husband and I couldn't get enough of it. Will keep with my favorite recipes and use often, especially on chilly nights."
"VERY good. Since i am breastfeeding and cabbage to my baby is a no-no, I added 1 more small carrot and a large and medium zuccini and i watched the soup dissapear...my whole family loved it. Even my husband who does not like minestrone."