I make these creamy, smooth squares not only for Christmas, but also for Valentine's Day. This easy microwave fudge is just as good as any you'd buy in a confectionery. —Donna Roberts, Manhattan, Kansas
Featured In: 60 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 15 tablespoons butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add butter and milk (do not stir). Microwave on high 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until blended. Stir in vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with baking chips, pressing chips lightly into fudge. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To Make Ahead: Store fudge, layered between waxed paper, in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
- Freeze option: Wrap fudge in waxed paper, then in foil. Place in freezer containers and freeze. To thaw, bring wrapped fudge to room temperature. Yield: about 3 pounds (117 pieces).
Originally published as Easy Microwave Mint Fudge in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p148