I was hosting a fun Mexican-themed cocktail party and needed a quick dessert. Dressing up an ordinary box brownie made life easy and delicious! —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
Recommended: 65 Potluck Desserts to Feed a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk together brownie mix and spices. Transfer mixture to a 1-qt. glass jar. Top with chocolate chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk eggs, oil and water until blended. Gradually add chocolate chips and brownie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
Originally published as Easy Mexican Brownies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018