Easy Meatball Stew
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef gravy
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash dried thyme
- Shape beef mix into three meatballs; coat with flour. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 574 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1578mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Sep 12, 2012
There should be a circle for Maybe. The Worcestershire sauce gives the gravy a fruity flavor that's difficult to disguise. I used the herbs for a tasty eye round roast instead of the listed ones, but the Wos. sauce really destroys their flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.