Easy Meatball Minestrone
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; add spaghetti. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Add the meatballs and tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 28, 2016
Excellent recipe. Did not have stewed tomatoes on hand, so did diced tomatoes and added a teaspoon of Italian seasoning instead. Everyone loved it. Will definitely make again.
Mar 16, 2011
Great taste. I used bowtie noodles instead which worked out well. You could easily get away with adding extra meatballs for the meatlovers in the house. And don't forget - you don't have to thaw the meatballs which makes this extra quick.
Jan 2, 2010
I substituted beef broth for the water, omitted the boullion granules, changed to petite diced tomatoes and used mini farfalle instead of the spaghetti noodles. One person in 15 said it was good.
Oct 22, 2009
I had this at a friend's house and absolutely loved it! However, she did not use the meatballs, but added ground beef with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I couldn't wait to get the recipe! She also served homemade yeast rolls with it to catch all the flavor! YUM!
Feb 12, 2009
Delicious! I took this to a pot-luck and I had to give 4 people the recipe! I had the leftovers the next 2 days for lunch and they were just as good. I'll be making this regularly.