Easy Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 33 crackers)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion soup and cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Pour mushroom soup over loaf. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 439 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1464mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 31, 2015
Really wanted to like this because it was so easy to make and smelled so good baking. As some others said, mine turned out mushy. I even used two pounds of ground beef instead of one. Will stick to my old recipe and definitely not make this one again.
Oct 29, 2012
My meatloaves tend to come out dry, but this recipe came out nice and moist. Easy and tasty comfort food. Martymi - besides mixing the meatloaf more, make sure you use 90% lean ground beef - the fattier grades release much more grease into the gravy and make everything mushier.
Apr 9, 2012
Easy and my family loved it!!!
Sep 14, 2009
the more you mix it the more it will come together
Oct 9, 2008
Plenty of sodium in this recipe, but it's awesome! Probably one of my favorite meat loaf recipes.
Aug 6, 2008
I'm not sure why, but mine turned out like meat loaf mush. Not a loaf at all. It tasted good, but still . . . . Any suggestions?
Mar 20, 2008
Wonderful. I will be making this gain and often. My family really enjoyed it.