Easy Marinated Veggie Salad
From Weldon, California, Juleen Edwards notes, “My husband doesn’t normally like peas, but he loves this colorful, crunchy salad coated in vinaigrette.”
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, peas, celery, green pepper, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 166 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Rio Grande Dandy Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.