Easy Marinated Vegetables Recipe
This beautiful salad has gone to many dinners with family and friends. It's one of my favorites because it can be prepared the night before, allowing the fabulous flavors to blend.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a saucepan, bring dressing ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Break cauliflower into florets and blanch. Place in a large bowl; add remaining salad ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16-20 servings.
3/4 cup: 81 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Easy Marinated Vegetables
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC