Easy Marinated Fresh Vegetables
The sweetness in the poppy seed dressing makes these marinated vegetables a hit wherever I take them. —Erin Frakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 176 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Marinate in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.