These crispy cookies are great for family get-togethers since they yield a large amount. They're always well received.—Judy Farlow, Boise, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 10-1/2 dozen
- 1 pint lemon or orange sherbet
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 6 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat sherbet and almond extract until sherbet is slightly softened. Gradually add cake mix. Stir in coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 88 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Easy Macaroons in Country Woman March/April 2001