Easy Low-Fat Ranch Dressing
Once I sampled this homemade ranch dressing, I quit buying the bottled variety. It can be easily doubled when you are serving a larger group.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in buttermilk. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 25 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Low-Fat Ranch Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook