- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) salt-free tomato paste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) low-salt diced tomaotes, undrained
- 2 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and green pepper in 1/2 cup water until tender. Add beans, tomato paste and tomatoes. Stir in chili powder, salt if desired, pepper and remaining water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forEasy Low-Fat Chili
"This was very easy, but just didn't taste that great. Needs a lot more seasoning to give it any oomph. Too many other recipes that are better to use this one again."