Easy Lemon Tarts
Convenient refrigerated cookie dough make these small tarts quick and easy. They feature a great lemon flavor, and Lemon Drop candies give them big kid appeal. Add a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest on top for an extra garnish. —Dawn Higgins, Manassas, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1/3 cup crushed lemon-drop candies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide and shape dough into 36 balls (about 2 teaspoons each). Using floured hands, press each onto the bottom and sides of a greased mini-muffin cup.
- Bake until golden, 18-22 minutes. Reshape cups if necessary. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, place cream cheese, lemonade concentrate and pudding mix in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes. Beat in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spoon scant 1 Tbsp. filling into each cup. If desired, sprinkle with crushed candies. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 mini tart: 87 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Easy Lemon Tarts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018