Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice
I can throw this together quickly after work and still serve a satisfying dinner.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder and lemon peel. Stir in broth and lemon juice until smooth; set aside. In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, cook pepper and zucchini in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in broth mixture and rice. Cover; microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in chicken. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff rice. Cook 30-45 seconds, until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook