Easy Layered Fruit Salad
To dress up a fresh fruit salad, Linda Cowan tops it with a sweet creamy concoction. "The original recipe called for heavy whipping cream, but I lightened it up a little," she details from Fayette, Alabama. "Served in a cut-glass bowl, this salad looks elegant on any table. It's quick and easy to make but looks like you fussed."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass bowl, layer the fruits in the order listed. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spoon over fruit. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 206 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Layered Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.