- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 ounces white candy coating, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating if desired. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
"I just made these and they are terrific. I left out the milk chocolate chips and it was fine with just over 1/2 cup of semi sweet chips. One note though, if you are using salted butter, lower the salt to 1/4 tsp. I found it too salty and i did use salted butter. Otherwise they're great! I plan to use real white chocolate to dip them into, not the candy coating stuff. I am freezing them now, and will take them out and dip into white chocolate just before I give them as gift in a box. I may even use them in my Xmas baking gift tins!!"
"Very easy recipe! Grandchildren love it!"
"This has become one of my go-to cookie recipes. It never fails to impress."
"These turned out well, but were too sweet for my taste. I won't be making them again because it was just too much chocolate."
"My favorite choc chip recipe. Has gotten lots of compliments."
"made many times. this recipe is delicious!!"