Easy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 ounces white candy coating, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating if desired. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 28, 2015
I just made these and they are terrific. I left out the milk chocolate chips and it was fine with just over 1/2 cup of semi sweet chips. One note though, if you are using salted butter, lower the salt to 1/4 tsp. I found it too salty and i did use salted butter. Otherwise they're great! I plan to use real white chocolate to dip them into, not the candy coating stuff. I am freezing them now, and will take them out and dip into white chocolate just before I give them as gift in a box. I may even use them in my Xmas baking gift tins!!
Oct 7, 2015
Very easy recipe! Grandchildren love it!
Sep 14, 2013
This has become one of my go-to cookie recipes. It never fails to impress.
Jan 17, 2012
These turned out well, but were too sweet for my taste. I won't be making them again because it was just too much chocolate.
Jan 27, 2011
My favorite choc chip recipe. Has gotten lots of compliments.
Jan 20, 2011
made many times. this recipe is delicious!!