Easy Italian Style Green Beans
Here’s a super-easy way to turn ho-hum green beans into a side dish that’s elegant enough for company or special occasions. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 103 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Italian Style Green Beans in Simple & Delicious May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2012
Jun 24, 2010
Jun 7, 2010
very, very simple and excellent flavor; I cooked the beans about twice as long as it said because we like them a little more tender