Easy Italian Style Green Beans
Here’s a super-easy way to turn ho-hum green beans into a side dish that’s elegant enough for company or special occasions. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 103 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Italian Style Green Beans in Simple & Delicious May 2010
Apr 1, 2012
Jun 24, 2010
Jun 7, 2010
very, very simple and excellent flavor; I cooked the beans about twice as long as it said because we like them a little more tender