Easy Italian Sausage Sandwiches
There's no need for other condiments when you jazz up sausages with zippy peppers.—Bonnie Jost, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 16 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, julienned
- 2 banana peppers, julienned, optional
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 16 brat or hot dog buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook sausages in batches over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil. Drain sausages.
- Place a sausage in each bun. Top each with about 1/3 cup pepper mixture.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Sandwiches in Taste of Home Picnics, Potlucks & Barbecues 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.