Easy Italian Salad
This salad's easy since the dressing is made ahead. What's more, it's proved popular with everyone who tastes it.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 16 to 18 cups torn salad greens
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine artichokes and onion. Add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, pour artichoke mixture over greens and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Italian Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.