VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 16 to 18 cups torn salad greens
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine artichokes and onion. Add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, pour artichoke mixture over greens and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Italian Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p25