VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Additional picante sauce
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. In a bowl, combine the scrambled eggs, cheese, tomato and picante sauce.
- Spray one side of 1 tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortilla greased side down on a griddle. Spoon half the egg mixture on half of the tortilla. Fold over and cook over low for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortilla and egg mixture. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and additional picante sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Huevos Rancheros in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p20