My mom made these turkey sandwiches as far back as I can remember...and I still make them often today. You'll love their fast-to-fix convenience.
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 slices cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or process American cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices tomato, optional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon butter. Place toast in a shallow baking pan. Top with the turkey, cheddar cheese, two bacon strips and tomato if desired. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheddar cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p89
Reviews forEasy Hot Turkey Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2017
"My boys are enjoying them, so that's a good thing! They can be quite picky. I made 2 turkey and 2 ham."