- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Discard spice bag; continue to cook 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forEasy Hot Spiced Cider
"This was an excellent spiced cider. Made it for a work gathering and everyone LOVED it!"
"This is goodI use fresh refrigerated apple cider and instant mulling spices from Raven's Nest.888-372-8367 $3.25 for 6oz. I am alone and don't want a whole cooker full of cider at once. Using a 1/2 tsp per mug is cost effective for me."
"I like less sweetness to my cider. I just used Basiks at Home Holiday Mulling Blend with all natural Apple Cider. It had more of a spicey flavor than sweet. But I did enjoy this recipe without the added sugar."
"This is a wonderful recipe it made the whole house smell like heaven.....and it tasted great"