Fresh-baked muffins topped with butter or fruity jam can make any meal special, points out Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana. "These honey-wheat muffins bake up quick as a wink and are filled with flavor," she says. "The recipe makes four large or eight regular muffins. I serve them with a cool summer salad and call it supper!"
Recommended: 39 Healthy Snacks That Make Kids Happy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, honey and butter. Stir mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Honey-Wheat Muffins in Country Woman July/August 2004, p37