Easy Homemade Egg Substitute Recipe
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites, milk powder and oil until well blended. Add food coloring if desired. Yield: 1/4 cup egg substitute equivalent to 1 large egg, 1 serving.
Editor's Note: The cholesterol in 1 large whole fresh egg is 213 mg.
1/4 cup: 100 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.