Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- 2. For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1469mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce
"I can't make ham without my boys asking for this version! They love the cherry sauce."