Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1469mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 18, 2018
Great recipe! And, true to your word, it was very easy. My husband and I have both been sick with one thing after another this past winter and Easter was no exception so we had to cut way back on plans. This recipe was so-o-o good and so-o-o easy that we'll be making it again even if we do feel up to the task of making a more complicated dinner. Thanks for saving the day for us!!! P.S. I'm trying to give it five stars but can't seem to click on more than four. :-(
Apr 17, 2014
I can't make ham without my boys asking for this version! They love the cherry sauce.