Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1469mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2018
Great recipe! And, true to your word, it was very easy. My husband and I have both been sick with one thing after another this past winter and Easter was no exception so we had to cut way back on plans. This recipe was so-o-o good and so-o-o easy that we'll be making it again even if we do feel up to the task of making a more complicated dinner. Thanks for saving the day for us!!! P.S. I'm trying to give it five stars but can't seem to click on more than four. :-(
Apr 17, 2014
I can't make ham without my boys asking for this version! They love the cherry sauce.