Easy Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 258 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Easy Grilled Lemon Chicken
"Has anyone tried this with ckn thighs"
"I wasn't able to grill the chicken so I baked it in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes and it was delicious. I know it will taste better grilled."
"The lemon flavour was just too strong."
"This is a good, low calorie dish. The lemon is very flavorful. I used fresh herbs, which made it better-tasting to me!"
"Loved this! Best marinade for chicken yet."
"I've been making this for years..... one of our favorites!!!"
"This is a very light but tasty grilled chicken. We have a recipe for grilled shrimp scampi that we've been doing for years that is very similar in taste to this."
"I agree wholeheartedly! This recipe had a lot of firsts for me. The first time I grilled myself (my husband usually does that) and the first time I used fresh herbs and a real lemon instead of dried lemon peel and it was fantastic. I made the fruited chicken pasta salad with the leftovers and my 18 month old loved it!"
"EXCELLENT RECIPE!! The flavors are a delightful burst and super zesty! I shared this meal with a friend and she and her husband LOVED it, even their 5 year old daughter chowed down on it! Great recipe."