Easy Grilled Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Score the surface of the beef, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 205 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Easy Grilled Flank Steak
"I made this recipe in order to test it out for our office BBQ. I found it quite good except that I believe that I would add more salt and perhaps some rosemary. Definate do over and on this weeks work BBQ menue!"
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. I've added it to my recipe box."