Easy Grilled Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients. Score the surface of the beef, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in dish and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 205 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2012
I made this recipe in order to test it out for our office BBQ. I found it quite good except that I believe that I would add more salt and perhaps some rosemary. Definate do over and on this weeks work BBQ menue!
Nov 12, 2010
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I've added it to my recipe box.