Easy Green Beans with Mushrooms
My family looks forward to this side dish every holiday. I add sliced almonds for crunch and garlic for a little kick. —Cheryl Wittman, Bergen, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except almonds. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 5-6 hours. Remove with a slotted spoon. Top with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 116 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 20, 2018
This flavor combo is tasty. I used canned green beans and cooked everything in the oven.
Aug 23, 2016
Made this today. Love the cooking method. We loved the mushrooms cooked this way but the green beans were tough and chewy.