- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except almonds. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 5-6 hours. Remove with a slotted spoon. Top with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEasy Green Beans with Mushrooms
"This flavor combo is tasty. I used canned green beans and cooked everything in the oven."
"Made this today. Love the cooking method. We loved the mushrooms cooked this way but the green beans were tough and chewy."