- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except almonds. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 5-6 hours. Remove with a slotted spoon. Top with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEasy Green Beans with Mushrooms
"Made this today. Love the cooking method. We loved the mushrooms cooked this way but the green beans were tough and chewy."