- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup canned cream cheese frosting, warmed slightly
- Red-hot candies
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, molasses and ginger; mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 5-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottom is lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate with cream cheese frosting as desired. Use red-hots for eyes, nose and buttons. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Gingerbread Cutouts
"The taste is great but the dough is sooooo sticky it isn't even workable after adding a bunch of flour."
"I made this recipe with my 4 year old son who likes to help me cook. It was easy to make. He had a blast rolling out the dough and cutting out the figures. What I didn't expect was how good the cookies tasted. They were soft and chewy. This has become one of my favorite recipes that I'll definitely go back to."
"This is the best gingerbread cookie recipe ever!!! I made them over and over during the holidays. Everyone loved them!"
"I have made 12 doz already this week! We modified it for the non-holiday season. I use a 1" cookie scoop and then flatten the cookies slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass. bake for 5 minutes in a convection oven or until cookies start to "crack." We then use one dollop of milk chocolate frosting on top! Our local bakery is famous for their gingerbread boys with chocolate frosting. My sons say these taste even better!"
"So easy, seriously it can’t get any easier than this. Great flavor also."
"Fuss free recipe! Made several thicknesses and enjoyed the thicker ones which were softer and chewier. FAST and easy preparation!"