Easy Fudgy Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Spread into two greased 8-in. square baking pans. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 95 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 5, 2017
Too much candy, not enough flour. It will come out as brownie brickle. It is a good tasting brownie brickle, but if you were aiming for brownies you might not be too pleased.
Feb 27, 2015
This is an easy, rich Brownie. A little soft but very tasty!
Nov 13, 2013
Will NOT be using this recipe again.. tastes a lot like the unsweetened chocolate it calls for.
Jul 26, 2013
Yummy! I made it with 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce. It was very good!
Nov 5, 2011
These are great! I had used to use a brownie recipe that called for 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. I think the elimination of the baking powder makes these better. There is also less flour which makes them noticeably more fudgy than of a cake consistency. Instead of 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, you can try using 2/3 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips- which is the equivalent of 4 ounces. I also just threw all of into a 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Try cutting the sugar down to 1 1/2 cups- it tastes just as good and it is more healthy. I left out the pecans too. About 25 minutes into baking, I added 1 cup of chocolate chips sprinkled on top. Do not mix them in before putting the mixture into the pan. The chocolate chips will sink the bottom because the mixture is so thin. It tastes good this way, but will be a mess to get out! They look just like store bought mix brownies but so much healthier! You will be surprised how easy and quick they are!
Oct 10, 2011
Tasted great and were nice and moist. Will make this again.
Mar 19, 2011
Very good simple brownies. Easy to make. Soft, cake-like. Definitely will keep this recipe. Thanks!
Feb 26, 2010
I have been looking for a easy but tasteful brownie and Now i have it Thanks !!!!!!!