"I came up with this quick salad when I wanted a cool treat on a hot day. It's fun for breakfast, as a side dish or dessert," pens Lori Daniels of Beverly, West Virginia. "This pie filling provides all the extra sweetening it needs. Feel free to substitute your favorite fruits."
Recommended: 15 Make-Ahead Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 medium ripe mango or additional peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups apple pie filling
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Add pie filling and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p10