Easy Frosted Carrot Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, allspice and salt. Beat in vegetable oil. (Batter will be stiff.) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 427 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 6, 2012
This is really good & turned out very well.I used California Virgin olive oil, instead of regular oil. This is easy to make also.
Feb 20, 2012
Very good cake recipe. I used cinnamon instead of allspice and used about 2 more tablespoons oil. The batter was very thick and I think it needed it. The icing was soooo good. Thanks for sharing!!!
Jan 12, 2012
It's really good and moist, just wath I was craving yummm ;)
Nov 2, 2011
This cake is very moist and light. Excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.