- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, allspice and salt. Add vegetable oil; mix well. (Batter will be stiff.) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Frosted Carrot Cake
"This is really good & turned out very well.I used California Virgin olive oil, instead of regular oil. This is easy to make also."
"Very good cake recipe. I used cinnamon instead of allspice and used about 2 more tablespoons oil. The batter was very thick and I think it needed it. The icing was soooo good. Thanks for sharing!!!"
"It's really good and moist, just wath I was craving yummm ;)"
"This cake is very moist and light. Excellent!"