Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- 3. Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Sue often uses whole fresh strawberries and arranges them pointed side up in the pastry shell for a different presentation. It also is a time-saver because she doesn't have to slice the berries.
1 slice: 264 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
"Strawberries and jello, not enough interest. It is easy"
"easy and delicious! And beautiful!"
"easy & delicious."
"Delicious recipe. I did the same thing as reviewer nanrev EXCEPT I left the strawberries whole. The slight tartness of the whole berries paired with the sweetness of the gelatin mixture was really good."
"Delicious, I made it this past week for my son's birthday. I made a whole wheat crust and he loved it!"
"There was a restaurant in my home town that made the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. This one was very close. I made it exactly as written."
"My friend gave me this recipe years ago. Every time I made it people love it. Always my go to recipe to take to pot lucks."
"Use only 1/4 cup sugar! Trust me, the jello packet provides plenty of sweetness so the 3/4 cup is not necessary. It came out perfect this way."