Easy Egg Salad
This pretty mold is an attractive way to display egg salad. My family enjoys hearty helpings on crackers for a snack or on bread for lunch.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, pickle relish, lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until dissolved. Immediately drizzle over egg mixture.
- Quickly transfer to a 7-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Unmold; serve with crackers or bread.
Originally published as Molded Egg Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003