This pretty mold is an attractive way to display egg salad. My family enjoys hearty helpings on crackers for a snack or on bread for lunch.
Recommended: 23 Recipes That Use Up Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, pickle relish, lemon juice and salt; set aside. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until dissolved. Immediately drizzle over egg mixture; mix well. Quickly transfer to a 7-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Unmold; serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Molded Egg Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p169