Easy Curried Shrimp
I like to serve this dish with grapes or green veggies for added color. It's also nice with dried coconut or pineapple instead of apricots. —Dona Stone, Clearwater, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in apricots; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup shrimp with 1/2 cup rice: 309 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Easy curried shrimp in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.