- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until raisins are plumped. Serve with rice.
1 cup: 355 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.