Slices of this citrusy bread are scrumptious for breakfast. I've adapted the recipe over the years to fit my needs as a diabetic.—Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Recommended: Recipes with Cranberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, egg substitute, oil and orange peel; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Bread in Country Woman January/February 2002, p37
Reviews forEasy Cranberry Orange Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2008
"I am anxious to try this one!"